According to an announcement by the official Twitter handle of JioGamesJioGamesCloud is now available on the JioGames app on smartphones, web browsers, and the Jio Set Top Box. The cloud gaming service is currently available in beta for everyone. The tweet reads “Weather updates – Fiery weekend ahead, thanks to cloud gaming #JioGamesCloud is available on the JioGames app on smartphones, web browsers, and the Jio Set Top Box. Have you tried it yet?”.
How to apply for JioGamesCloud beta
LiveMint has explained that how to apply for JioGamesCloud beta.
- Go to the official website of JioGamesCloud
- Click on the Get Started button at the upper right corner
- Desktop, and Set-top Box, as applicable
- Now, select the game you wish to play and click on Play Now
- You will now need to Sign up and enrol in the beta program by sharing your mobile number and OTP
- You can start playing the game once you are done
According to them, “On the hardware front, you need a stable internet connection to play games on Jio Cloud. Although the company advises running titles on Google Chrome for the “best gaming experience.”
As of now, the service is free for everyone. But it is likely that it may be offered as a subscription-based service in the future once it is out of beta. It is rumoured that the JioGamesCloud may debut in January 2023. According to reports, Reliance has partnered with Nvidia to bring GeForce Now via JioGamesCloud. A leaked screenshot from the set-top-box version shows a GeForce tab that lists titles such as Watch Dogs 2, Destiny 2, and Trackmania.”
It will be interesting to see how these new service by Jio is accepted by the public.