Cardinal Health distributes pharmaceuticals, manufactures and distributes medical and laboratory products, and provides performance and data solutions for healthcare facilities.
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of healthcare, delivering end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day.
With more than 50 years of experience, we seize the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
Controlling Drug Costs
Cardinal Health’s clinical consulting experts have proven experience in helping hospitals improve patient outcomes and realize medication cost savings.
· Drug Cost Control Solution: Cardinal Health helps pharmacy leaders achieve drug cost savings.
· Drug Cost Control and Analytics: Cardinal Health provides consulting expertise and proprietary, web-based technology to deliver the resources and actionable insights so pharmacy leaders can achieve substantial cost savings through drug cost control.
Cardinal Health understands that inpatient and outpatient acute pharmacies are fundamentally different but both are crucial to patient care. Our experts will partner with you to provide customized management solutions tailored to your unique pharmacy needs.
· 340B Consulting: Through 340B consulting engagements or compliance assessments tailored to your needs, we ensure 340B compliance for your pharmacy.
· CardinalASSIST™ ADM Logistics: Cardinal Health helps hospitals optimize ADMs. Learn how we can reduce stock-outs and improve your medication inventory management.
· Hospital Pharmacy Management: Cardinal Health’s leading pharmacy management company helps hospitals improve care and cost savings.
· Specialty Pharmacy Services: Partner with an expert to determine your custom approach to managing hospital specialty pharmaceutical expenses while providing optimal patient care. We assess the ROI of your accredited specialty pharmacy and simplify other specialty strategy options based on your unique pharmaceutical spend.
Almost all hospital pharmacy leaders would prefer to provide 24×7 pharmacy services for their patients. However, labor shortages, financial constraints, and industry challenges are common reasons why many hospitals don’t. Our Remote Pharmacy Services make that possible—for large health systems and rural and small facilities.
With our remote team’s help, your turnaround time on orders averages less than 20 minutes and our service is 20-to-30% less than the cost of hiring staff.
Partner with an industry leader able to tailor service to meet your needs and provide the dependability you need:
· We serve more than 450 inpatient pharmacies and over 500 retail pharmacies
· Process more than 8 million orders annually
· Co-authored ASHP’s Guidelines for Remote Order Processing
· Hospital-trained clinical pharmacists with 30+ clinical competencies, including ASHP
· Support more than 22 pharmacy information systems and maximize efficiencies of CPOE systems
· Our proprietary technology drives compliance with hospital policies and procedures
Explore how our robust supply chain and logistics expertise, combined with our deep clinical insights, can help you realize efficiencies and focus your time on patient care.
As a world-class distributor, we are relied on by thousands of pharmacies who touch every part of the care continuum, from retail and hospital pharmacies to long-term care and community health center pharmacies and more. We tailor support for your pharmacy, no matter how big or small, no matter what your specialty, so that you can focus on patient care.
· 340B Services: Our unparalleled financial expertise will ensure your 340B supply chain, pricing, compliance, and management needs are met in order to fulfill your patient care mission.
· Cold Chain: We provide a variety of innovative cold chain packaging to meet geographic, environmental, and transportation needs.
· Pharmaceutical Tracing: We provide drug transaction data and customer and manufacturer resources in support of the drug tracing law.
· GS1 Standards: GS1 industry standards establish a global standard and improve the efficiency of the medical product supply chain.
· Specialty Pharmaceutical Distribution: Our dynamic team of problem solvers recognizes the complexities of specialty healthcare, and we draw on our deep expertise to ensure that your patients have the therapies they need when they need them.
· SOURCE℠ Generics: Take advantage of the industry’s top generic drug program with Cardinal Health Generics.
Cardinal Health Specialty Pharmaceutical Distribution (SPD) works with pharmacies to identify their unique challenges, generate insights, and provide the products, technologies, and knowledge they need to perform at their best.
We simplify the delivery of specialty products by leveraging our scale as one of the largest specialty healthcare supply chains in the United States, long-standing relationships with leading group purchasing organizations, and decades of experience delivering specialty products.
With Cardinal Health Specialty Pharmaceutical Distribution, you can:
· Gain access to specialty products
· Improve inventory management
· Receive emergency drugs faster
· Optimize financial performance
· Simplify and streamline operations
· Secure flu vaccines through our Flu Vaccine Program
Steve Mason, Chief Executive Officer, Medical Segment
Mason has more than 20 years of experience in leadership roles across Cardinal Health’s Medical and Pharmaceutical Segments. Previously, Mason was president of Cardinal Health at-Home Solutions — a leading provider of medical supplies. In this role, Mason was responsible for the successful management of serving 3+ million patients in the home through two complementary businesses: Edgepark and Cardinal Health at Home. Prior to that, Steve led the company’s Kinray pharmaceutical distribution business — partnering and servicing 2,800 retail independent customers. Beyond this experience, he has led teams across Consumer Health, Sales Administration, Retail Independent Sales, and Retail National Accounts for the company’s Pharmaceutical Distribution business.
Before joining Cardinal Health, Steve held roles in sales at Gambro Healthcare and Ameripath focused on laboratory services for Dermatology and Nephrology specialties.
Mason is passionate about and committed to diversity and inclusion. He serves as an executive sponsor of the Cardinal Health PROUD Network, an employee resource group supporting LGBTQ+ and Ally employees.
Steve serves on the board of the United Way of Central Ohio and holds a bachelor’s degree from The Ohio State University.
“From logistics to clinical expertise, we’ll help customize the right path forward for your facility through world-class full-line and specialty distribution and services.”