In today’s world of technology dependency, keeping and using more than one device is a very common thing as multitasking is the need of the time and not one’s choice but a compulsory aspect of life. In this situation keeping an eye on each and every device of one’s own and of one’s family members is a very difficult task as malware can affect one’s computer and other devices at any time. Microsoft has brought a solution to this problem. According to an article published by Engadget the Microsoft Defender is now available for non-Window devices too. Now one can use Windows Defender’s online security in Android, iOS and macOS, “It took awhile, but Microsoft Defender is now generally available for all your personal devices, not just Windows PCs and businesses. The new Defender for individuals gives Microsoft 365 subscribers an online tool that bolsters the existing malware and phishing security measures you’re (hopefully) using.”
Features of Microsoft Defender
- The user will receive security alerts, as well as solutions and tips.
- One can manage a whole family’s security from a central dashboard, and view the antivirus systems she/he already uses.
- Microsoft stated that this new is just a start. The company is working on other projects too. Features like identity theft protection and secure connections on their way.
- The new malware protections will not be available in iOS and Windows devices, in which the old one is already installed.
- It is true that Microsoft defender will now cover more than one device but it is not the time to replace all your other defenses. Guard, particularly for fraud and other digital crimes that Microsoft’s tool doesn’t currently cover is still needed.
Charges Prices start at $70 per year for a Personal account in the US. In most countries Defender for individuals is included with Microsoft 365 Personal and Family plans.