From now Meta’s Virtual Reality headset users will need a new Meta account, which won’t need to be linked to Facebook. Meta talked about the takeaway of the Meta Accounts Meta Horizon Profiles for VR.
- In August 2022, we’ll begin rolling out Meta accounts: a new way for people to log into their VR headsets that doesn’t require a Facebook account.
- Once you create a Meta account, you’ll also need to create a Meta Horizon profile — your social profile in VR.
- To control what people can see when they view your Meta Horizon profile, we’re introducing three privacy options: Open to Everyone, Friends and Family, and Solo.”
The company is planning to launch the new accounts next month for existing and new customers of Meta Quest users.
Check: Meta VR headsets here
About the new Meta accounts for VR, the company said
- In August 2022, we’ll begin rolling out a new Meta account structure that gives people more flexibility and control in VR. You’ll no longer be required to log into your Meta VR devices with a Facebook account.
- We’re also evolving your Oculus profile to a new Meta Horizon profile, which you can customize as you see fit.
- Your “Friends” will now become “Followers,” similar to Instagram’s existing model.
- You’ll have the option to add your Facebook and/or Instagram account to the same Accounts Center as your Meta account, which unlocks connected experiences in VR.
- We’re rolling out new controls to help you more easily manage your privacy settings.”
According to Engadget, “There is a social aspect to the new account type though, at least for VR headsets. When you create a Meta account, you’ll need to create a Meta Horizon profile with the username, avatar, profile photo and so on that you’ll use in the company’s vision of the metaverse.”
There are so many other things the world will come across once it’s in the market and in everyone’s hand.
Read Our Latest Blog Here: Tech Future of Car Design: 6 Trends Radicalizing Automobiles Designing