Cat ear headphones have become increasingly popular in recent years, but with all the different brands and styles on the market, it can be hard to tell which pair is best for you. In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 cat ear headphones so you can find your ideal set easily and accurately.
How did the Cat Ear Headphones fever begin?
It all started in 2014, when a popular anime artist began creating anime characters with cat ear headphones. As a result of the popularity of the anime characters wearing the cat ear headphones, she and her partner decided to launch a crowdfunding campaign to bring the cat ear headphones to life. Even though they raised a lot of money, their partnership did not last long and turned into a legal battle; whose idea were the cat ear headphones?
Brookstone entered the picture at this point. They approached the anime artist and proposed a collaboration. This is how the Axent Cat Ear Headphones came to be!
Pewdepie and Ariana Grande
Ariana Grande and YouTube sensation Pewdepie both contributed to the popularity of cat ear headphones after being seen wearing them during live performances and recordings.
Why People Are Obsessed With Cat Ear Headphones?
Cat ear headphones are fashionable and trendy; that is a no-brainer; however, there are other reasons why people are obsessed with these headphones. No, we’re not referring to the electronic cat ears developed by some Japanese inventors; we’re referring to headphones with cat ears (they can also be removed in some cases). These are some examples:
- Their aesthetic appeal is completely different. Some of the best cat ear headphones even come with speakers located in the cat ears.
- They are fun to use for both kids and adults alike. They can make great gifts, especially for young girls and women. Who doesn’t want the catty look?
Factors to consider while buying Cat Ear Headphones
When looking for the best-rated cat ear headphones on the market, ensure you keep these 5 critical factors in mind (we did too during our research):
- Colors and Designs
Cat ear headphones are popular for their chic and fashionable designs. Most cat ear headphones on the market are available in different colors and styles; so ensure you don’t settle for something basic.
- Ease of Use
Since mostly kids and young adults use cat ear headphones, it’s important to consider how easy the headphones are to use and operate. Avoid buying headphones that require the installation of drivers or software. Plug-and-play cat ear headphones are the best.
- Noise Cancelation
What are good headphones without noise cancelation? If you want to cut off from the world while listening to music, buy cat ear headphones that support noise cancelation. Thankfully, most cat ear headphones on the market comprise the noise-cancelling feature.
Whether you want wired or wireless headphones would completely depend on your choice. If you want to stay away from the hassles of entangling wires, you can buy Bluetooth/wireless headphones. Also, since most people buy cat ear headphones for their chic appearance, they don’t like wires spoiling the look. However, Bluetooth/wireless headphones can be a little costlier than traditional wired headphones.
This one’s a no brainer. While buying cat ear headphones, it’s of the utmost importance to check the comfort offered by them. Ensure you check the material of the ear cup and headband coverings thoroughly. Avoid purchasing cat ear headphones that have ear cups/headband covered with faux leather; the material can make your ears sweaty, especially during summer. Also, ensure the headband is adjustable and the ear cups are rotating, for added comfort.
List of top 10 cat ear headphones
- Best Brookstone Cat Ear Headphones: Brookstone Wired Cat Ear Headphones and Cat Ear Speakers
- Best Wireless Cat Ear Headphones: Luckyu Wireless Bluetooth Cat Ear Headphones
- Best Premium-End Ear Headphones: Soundbot SB277 Cat Ear Headphones
- Best Purple Kitty Headphones Headphones: SOMIC G951s Stereo Gaming Headset
- Best Cat Hear Headphones for Kids: iClever Kids Headphones
- Best Razer Cat Ears Headphones: Razer Kraken Kitty RGB USB Gaming Headset
- Best Cat Ear Headphones That Light Up: MindKoo Headphones
- Best Blue Cat Headphones: Riwbox CT-7S Cat Ear Bluetooth Headphones
- Safest Cat Headphones for Kids: FosPower Kids Headphones
- Most Comfortable Cat Ear Headphones: Censi Cat Ear Headphones
Frequently Asked Questions about Cat Ear Headphones
- What is the significance of Ariana Grande’s use of cat ear headphones?
Ariana Grande, on the other hand, enjoys dressing up as a cat, which is why she wears cat ear headphones even during her live performances.
- Is it possible to use wireless cat ear headphones?
We’ve included both wired and wireless cat ear headphones on our list of the 5 best cat ear headphones. Bluetooth headphones are typically used for wireless cat ear headphones.
- How to connect cat ear headphones to Bluetooth?
Here’s how you can connect cat ear headphones to Bluetooth:
- Switch on the Bluetooth on your device (to be paired with the headphones). Ensure you are 33-feet or less than 33-feet away from the headphones.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the headphones to switch on the button. Allow the indicator light to settle.
- Once the Bluetooth headphones are in pairing mode and you have set up your device, select “Cat Headphones” or whatever the name of your headphones is on your device. You’ll get a message saying “Successfully Paired.”
That’s it! Your cat ear headphones are now connected to Bluetooth.
- How to fix cat ear headphones?
If you’re facing volume or sound quality issues with your cat ear headphones, we suggest you clean your headphones once.
The Verdict: Best Cat Ear Headphones
We hope you have decided (without much confusion) which cat ear headphones you want to buy now that you have learned everything there is to know about cat ear headphones from our guide. If you haven’t already, we recommend that you take your time and think before making a purchase.
The Mindkoo Headphones are the best cat ear headphones on the market, according to users. In 2022, they are the best overall cat ear headphones. They are simple to use, comfortable to wear, inexpensive to purchase, and produce excellent sound.